Friday, January 28, 2011

Here's Some Background.....

So I first found out I was pregnant on January 1st 2010. Crazy way to start out a new year, right?! When I was younger, I was determined to not have children and had no desire to do so. It wasn't until I was about 20 years old, my feelings about having children changed. But I still told myself, "Not until I finish school and have a good career." So it was quite the shock when I found out I was pregnant. I didn't even start suspecting it like some women do. It just happened that day I was thinking....hmmm, I haven't had my period yet.....and I decided to take a pregnancy test just to check. I didn't even believe I could be pregnant at all. So when I saw the word, "pregnant" my world turned upside down instantly. I didn't feel like I was ready to be a mother at all. I eventually got used to the idea and decided I would the best I could and see what happens. My pregnancy went VERY smoothly. I had heard horror stories and was very nervous about how my pregnancy would go. But for the first 5 months I didn't feel like I was pregnant. It wasn't until about 7-8 months I actually felt pregnant. Even then, it was still very easy. But the last few weeks I was SO ready for it to be over! I could not wait to meet my little guy. I really really wanted it to be a boy. If it had been a girl, I would still have been excited but I cried when I found out it was a boy. When I found out I would be a mother, I had to make a decision. I was going to school so I had to decide if I'd juggle school and being a mom or take a break from school.  I opted to take one semester off so I could be a stay at home mom and bond with my baby. I feel I made the right choice. It's been amazing watching Wyatt grow and learn new things. Now I am back in school. It is only the first week and I think it went well. My mom and Bryce's grandma has been kind enough to watch Wyatt while I'm in class. Bryce, Wyatt's dad, is also in school plus he is working and has an internship this semester so he will be very busy this semester. I am going to school full time. It may be hard at times but I am determined to do it for my son. I want to get that damned piece of paper and start my career so I can have a good life for my son. I want to be able to provide him with what he needs and wants. Ok, I am going to start a new post real quick to tell about what just happened! :)

1 comment:

  1. You are a strong and intelligent woman. I have no doubt that you will take after Mom and be able to complete your degree while having a baby. Just try not to challenge yourself with 4 of them like her. And I hope you didn't get all those horror stories from that TERRIBLE jenny mccarthy book. That was the second worst book I've ever read.
    love helen

    ReplyDelete